If already on Lombok
- you can reach the Gili Islands by boat from the port of Bangsal, 1km from the village of Pemenang. The public boat service runs twice daily, at 10.00 am and 2.00 pm. Tickets can be purchased at the Harbour Office. Make sure you allow plenty of time prior to departure if you decide to use this service. Alternately, you can charter a boat, for R155,ooo (1-10 people), at your convenience.
- Occasionally the port of Bangsal can attract hawkers who will approach you and try to convince you to buy expensive return boat tickets. This is not necessary – you can purchase your return easily on the island.
- If you’re travelling from Senggigi, Perama boat service also offers passage to the Gili Islands.
If travelling from Bali there are 3 main options:
- At Juliantos we are happy that it is now even easier to get to us. Marina Sri Kandi now run a boat from either Benoa or Padang Bai directly to Gili Air. Marina Sri Kandi staff will pick you up from your hotel at Sanur, Kuta or Seminyak and transfer you to the port of Benoa for the 2-2.5 hour trip direct to Gili Air. If you are in Ubud or Candi Dasa you can be picked up and taken to Padang Bai for a shorter trip of about 1.5 hours. On the return journey you are taken to your hotel on disembarking at Bali. The email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 62 361 212 7999.
- Tell them you are a Juliantos guest and once they have checked your booking with us you will be given a very competitive rate for the trip
- You can fly from Denpasar to Mataram in approximately 30 minutes. We recommend Merpati but there are many operators, flying around 7 times daily. Between 300-400R.
- Our car will then pick you up at Mataram airport and transport you to Bangsal harbour where we will arrange your transfer to a boat for the trip across to Juliantos
Cost: 750,000R for group of 4 Time 1.5 hours
- If you would like to travel to Lombok by slow ferry, the departure port is Padang Bai.
- The ferry takes you to Lembar Harbour, Lombok. From Lembar Harbour there is a shuttle bus service to Bangsal harbour. You can purchase a ticket for all legs of the journey from one of the many travel offices in Padangbai.
- From Pemenang you can enjoy a 1km ‘cidomo’ (horse drawn taxi) ride to Bangsal Harbour Cost to charter a connecting boat to the Gili Islands is approx 155,000R.